Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful Turkey Craft



This easy Thankful turkey craft is a great for school children .This cute construction paper turkey lists what your child is thankful for. It makes a very nice Thanksgiving decoration.My Daughter made this for thanksgiving in her class.

Materials needed:

    * Construction papers
    * Turkey template
    * Scissors
    * Glue stick
    * Markers
   

How to make your Paper Turkey Craft:

    * Cut a brown construction paper circle or oval (about 8 inches across) for the turkey's body.

    * Print the template of  head ,wattle, legs and cut out the pieces. Trace the template pieces onto construction paper and cut the pieces out.

    * Glue the head to the body.Glue a tiny yellow or orange triangle for the beak and little red blob for the wattle.Either draw eyes with black marker or glue on googly eyes.

    * Glue the legs to the body.

    * For feathers cut six long ovals -use colourful papers if you like.

    * On each oval/ feather , write: "I am thankful for ______".Have the child write what they are thankful for.

    * Glue the feathers to the back of the turkey's body .

    * Don't forget to write the child's name on the turkey.


What are you thankful for?

Here are a few things that my daughter is  thankful for:

1. My Family
2. My School
3. My friends
4. Our Earth
5. My Home
6. My Food

Some more Examples are:-

1. God
2. Grandma
3. Grandpa
4. Uncle
5. Aunt
6. Water
7. Air
8. Books
9. Pets
10.Trees

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...